You know what time it is, time to talk wedding guests! Everyone’s favorite subject! The reason I bring up this topic is because at some point during the preparation for your wedding, it’s pretty important to consider how many people on your list are actually coming from out of town! Now think about how many of those guests will be staying in a hotel. It’s probably a decent number right? And even though you’ve been kind enough to secure a discounted room rate at a fabulous hotel, it might also be nice to consider distributing the infamous hospitality bag!
This handy dandy hospitality bag/box is a great way to make your guests feel at right home, no matter how many miles they’ve traveled to be with you! Checking into a hotel room after a long trip and being handed a nicely made goodie bag is a great feeling!
Things you might consider including in your gift bag/box:
- Bottled Water. This is a must! Most hotels charge for water and well tap water is just alright in most places, so tuck in a bottle or two to keep those thirsts quenched!
- Snacks. Whether it be cookies, pretzels, candy or chips be sure to leave your guests a little something to nibble on while they wait or for after they’ve had a few drinks!
- Directions. If you’re wedding ceremony location or reception location are a bit hard to find, include a map to help your guests get around. I’m sure they’ll thank you!
- Itinerary. If you’re having a destination wedding or a jam-packed, event filled weekend, you might consider adding a schedule of events. No need for anyone to miss the fun!
- Brochures/Local Information. I’m not talking any old brochures here, this is more about providing your guests with some ideas of what to do around town while they’re there. Brochures for a zoo, museum or other tour would be ideal! Also think restaurants!
- Something Personal. Last year I went to a wedding where the bride and groom included two small bottles of appropriately named liquor, Jameson and (Captain) Morgan…hint they’re last name. Super cute!
While hospitality bags are something you can 100% do on your own, as with everything else, you can always hire someone to take care of it for you! Here in St. Louis, we have a fun new company called Goodies for Guests, specializing in custom hospitality boxes! These neat little boxes can come filled with just about anything your little heart can imagine…and maybe even some St. Louis originals!
Happy bagging or boxing! Cheers!
Follow Dishy on Twitter
Like Dishy on Facebook